day one hundred twenty-six

you know that game where you are tagged and have to reveal random facts about yourself? i'll tell you some of mine if you tell me some of yours...

1) about 90% of my time is spent daydreaming. unless i am immersed in a conversation with someone, my mind is likely somewhere else. i pretty much live in a fantasy land.
2) i have learned to never say never. almost every time i have thought that i'd never ever do something, i end up doing it.
3) i communicate best in writing. i wish all communication could be done in written form because it gives you time to think about what you want to say before you say it.
4) a couple of years ago, i found out that at one point we had lived on the exact same street as two terrorists that were involved in the london bombings. you know you live in a bad neighbourhood when: your backyard is an alleyway, local wildlife is a stray dog who comes begging for ham, your back door gets attacked with a hatchet, your garbage gets set on fire, the neighbourhood kids pelt passersby with rocks...and your neighbours are terrorists.
5) i am pretty non-judgemental. to each his or her own, i say. do whatever you like as long as you're not hurting anyone.
6) i love handmade things. i love the time, energy and creativity that goes into handmade items. i am particularly obsessed with knitting: things others are knitting, things i am knitting or want to knit next. i read blogs about knitting and get books out of the library about knitting.
7) i was the one who proposed. 30% of me wishes it was the other way around but the other 70% thinks it's kind of kick-ass and other girls should get over their hangups and go for it.
8) i really love dogs. so much so that when i was stopped by a sniffer dog in an airport once, i actually said "cute puppy!" and tried to pat it. don't try that. it doesn't go over very well.
9) i have never known what i wanted to be when i grow up.
10) i have always felt drawn to new york city ever since i was really young. i don't know why this is. i have never even visited there but fear that if i do, i will want to move there and never leave.
11) i really don't like having my picture taken.
12) i still get a little weirded out that i live in the country. it took moving to the country to realize that i am more of a city girl. but it's not too bad. ideally, i'd like to live half time in the city and half time in the country. they both have their advantages.
13) i am extremely self-conscious and always thinks it shows.
14) one of my foremost passions is books (and reading). i love the tactile feeling of books and their pages, and love how words and composition can transport you to another place. i judge books by their covers. it's an important part of the selection process to me.
15) perfectionism kind of freaks me out. quirkiness and individuality are so much more interesting, relatable and genuine to me. unless you are performing surgery - then be as perfect as you like.
16) i am 34 years old, and i still watch the hills. eesh. at least it's the final season.
17) i love garage sales and thrift stores.
18) i cannot dance. i will not dance. i do not do dancing.
19) i feel that luck is on my side. amazingly, somehow things just seem to almost always work out well for me. hopefully i didn't just jinx myself.
20) i drove a tank once. a real live tank. no, not in heels. it was really fun, but i was paranoid the whole time that i was going to knock my teeth out because that's what the guy said could happen if we didn't drive it properly.


today's look while still wondering more about you:

black top under dress: liquidation world, about six months old ($5)
green t-shirt around waist (modified by me): thrifted, can't remember details
smaller green tie around waist: from dressing gown (free)
black dress under dress: old navy, about two years old ($30)
black ruffled platform shoes: if footwear, about a year old (about $110)

grand total:
about $145.08